Dvd power supply repaired

The dvd was brought in with the complain that it fails to power on.I unscrew it and check the fuse,it gave me a perfect reading on my meter.I plugged it in AC to take volt readings at supply out to mainboard and detect that there was no voltage at the output.The voltage supply suppose to give me 12v,-12v,gnd and 5v.At this point I need to unplug and come back to the primary side of the power supply to check the components therein for faults.The diodes ,resistors tested fine and was wondering where the fault could be.I had to plug it again and take AC readings and it was then I detect that one of the terminals of  filter coil has a broken link so the AC volt is not passing to the rectifier.The fault was resolved by changing the coil.

1 comment

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for D Enlightenment.