LG 32” plasma tv with sound but no picture repaired


A customer called on me to help her check this tv out.There is sound on the tv but the screen is dark without any picture.Normally when this type of fault occur the prime suspect is the inverter board but this is a plasma tv and it comprises of the ysus and zsus board which serves as its own inverter board.Firstly,there is three bulged capacitors on the power board,I changed it with the hope that this will correct the fault but it does not.

thereafter I checked the ysus board and detect 2 faulty 2.2ohms resistors.In troubleshooting when such resistors break down it is adviseable you check the board further for faults that may have resulted in the breakdown of these resistors.I detect a shorted mosfet and diode on the ysus board. Fortunately for me I have the same board in my workshop so I did not bother myself repairing it,I just replaced it and it worked perfectly.Hope to find time this week to repair the faulty ysus board.



ysus

No comments