Dead LG 21inch Ultraslim Tv Repaired

The tv uses str w6556 as the switching ic.This ic is shorted,so I replaced it.Switching on the tv I discover that as the tv is about to raster the ic trip off .The ic was shorted again.Line transformers use to be a major problem of this tv so I concluded it is bad and went to buy another flyback tranformer.I fixed the transformer but what I saw when testing the tv is a small wavy picture on screen and the tv went off a few seconds and stayed in standby mode.As I was testing the components on the power supply I tested the power capacitor and to my suprise the capacitor is seriously bad though it looks okay judging from the look of the eye. I changed the capacitor and tv starts working again.

5 comments

Unknown said...

where did you got IC to replace

neyod said...

the ic is available in the market or you can get it online.can i know your country of residence to really help you on how you can get it.

omee meval said...

Sir my Philips tape recorder convert in usb player please give solution

Unknown said...

Sir my lg ultra 21bu over heit please solvd this salution

Anand .t said...

Sir my LG slim 21 inch tv's eht trasfrmr its been damage and the repair man says its hard find original eht for my tv where can i get an original part pls tell me